Your comments make things happen here!
I greatly enjoy receiving e-mail from site visitors just like you, and I respond to each and every one. After a few years of this, I have found that
many folks send similar questions. So, to make the best use of your time (and mine) when you take the time to write,...
Please follow these steps:
- Please, before you write, see if your question is answered below.
Here are the most Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why do many photos say "©pontiac.homepage.com" in the corner?
- May I place an ad to sell my Pontiac here?
- Can you help me find...
- I need restoration or performance tips.
- How much is a (insert car here) worth?
- Is that gorgeous (insert car here) on your site for sale?
- Could you put my Pontiac in the Photo Album?
- Can you help me find some information about my Pontiac?
- Is my e-mail address safe with the Pontiac Server?
- Can you put a link to (insert site here) on the Pontiac Server?
- How long has the Pontiac Server been on the Web?
- If you want a reply, please ensure you can receive it!
Every message sent to the address below gets replied to. An invalid return address is the most common reason for no
AOL users: Make sure your mail filters are off or set to accept mail from hotmail.com (or email@example.com). For more information, go to AOL
keyword "mailcontrol" (click the "Keyword" button on the upper-right corner of your AOL screen).
- If your question is not answered below in the FAQ, firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that, due to time constraints, not all letters can be answered promptly, or at all).
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do many photos say "©pontiac.homepage.com" in the corner?
The PontiacServer was hosted by homepage.com before we moved into our own domain. Eventually, the photos will be corrected, but that will be a long, laborious project.
May I place an ad to sell my Pontiac here?
The site is not currently soliciting ads. However, if you have a very special Pontiac for sale, drop me a note (see email address above).
Can you help me find a part, manual, etc.?
Can you help me find a car?
Can you help me with performance or restoration questions?
How much is a (insert car here) worth?
Is that gorgeous (insert car here) on your site for sale?
As the saying goes, "everything's for sale, if the price is right." However, all the cars on this site known to be for sale are listed in the
"Pontiacs For Sale" section.
Could you put my Pontiac in the Photo Album?
I hope so, but the image must be clear, and the car pre-1982 and very close to factory correct. Many of the photos on the site came directly from proud owners like you. For
best results, please scan the photograph(s) at 200 to 300 dots per inch and save the image in JPEG format (high quality, low compression). Each image file should be under 500 Kb. If need
be, I'll do the scanning and return your photos.
Can you help me find some information about my Pontiac?
Sure. These are the books I use and recommend. Your local library and/or bookstore may have them:
I don't have any of these titles, but they're listed at and may be helpful:
Note: The book titles are linked to Amazon.com. If you order any book, CD, or video online after following an Amazon link here, they will credit my Amazon Associates account with a small commission. When my account gets large enough, they'll send me a check. The cost to you is no higher than if you went there on your own. You can show your support for the Pontiac Server with Amazon's money. (To those who have already done so, I don't know who you are, but thank you!)
After you've looked at the library and bookstore, I'm happy to help. Once, I was able to provide a showroom catalog for use in a legal case (they won, too)!
Is my e-mail address safe with the Pontiac Server?
address -- will not go any further. Besides a reply, I may at some future time send a message to let you know if the Pontiac Server address
changes (it hasn't happened yet, and there are no plans).
Can you put a link to (insert site here) on the Pontiac Server?
If the Web site or "home page" is...
...it belongs on the Pontiac Server Links page. Please send the URL to the address above.
- of particular interest to fans of old (pre-1982) Pontiacs, and
- one of the very best of its kind on the Web,
How long has the Pontiac Server been on the Web?
Actually, no one has ever asked this question. But, in case you wondered, it began in late 1996 as just a couple paragraphs about the '76 Bonneville on my America Online "My Hobbies" page.
Original content © 1997-2001 Richard Rauch, Rich's Pontiac Server.
All Rights Reserved.